Friday, November 04, 2005

Permission Slips

I thought I'd share in interesting tidbit with y'all. Lullah is on the danceline as you know. The school requires them to ride a bus to away games. A bus that we have to pay for. That's going to a game that all of the parents go to anyway. But I digress. Here is one of my favorite things about the bus ride. The permission slip. Not for her to ride the BUS, for her to ride HOME WITH ME. That's right. I have to sign and "permission slip and release of liability" for my child to ride with ME!

Here it is:
I _________,parent/guardian of____________ do desire for my child to ride home from _________________________(list activity and location, i.e. foot ball game at Caldwell Parish) on_______________(date) with me. I acknowledge that because the (our) Parish School Board will not be providing this transportation, they have no control over the person providing transportation. I hereby release the (our) Parish School Board from any and all
liability associated with the transportation of my child for this trip and do agree to hold the (our )Parish School Board harmless from and and all claims associated with this trip.

Y'all read it right. I have to give my daughter permission to ride home with ME!

Now, if I don't sign this are they going to prevent her from getting in my car? Are they going to physically prevent her from riding with me?

Seriously, I think it's messed up.

3 comments:

MamaKBear said...

OMG that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of!

Maybe you should just NOT sign it and see what happens..really...how ARE they gonna keep your own daughter from riding home with you??

Dominique said...

There are some crazy folk out there where you live! :)

Kim said...

I didn't sign one last week. I think that could explain why I got spoken to like a 6 year old this week.

I do wonder what they'd do. Arrest me for kidnapping? My mother-in-law said she had to sign the same stupid thing when my brother and sister in law played sports.

By the way we DON'T sign anything for them to ride the bus to the games. Brilliant bunch aren't they.