Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Thinking

I've been thinking about friendship lately. Mostly due to the fact that I seem to be losing friends at an alarming rate.

Since, I've been thinking about friends I thought I'd tell you a little about some of my closest friends.

Lullah is actually one of my best friends. I know it's corny. But she's one of the funniest and smartest folks I know. She has a unique perspective of the world. She is one of the most forgiving and kind people I know. When I grow up, I want to be more like her.

Karen-lives in Alabama, way too far away. She is one of the strongest people I have ever met. Also is beautiful(she thinks she's ugly). She endured a divorce after a 6 week marriage. A few years later she faced her mother's death from pancreatic cancer, a gigantic relationship breakup, her father's attempted suicide, she began nurse anesthesia school, had a liver cancer scare (they removed a lobe of her liver) and her father's remarriage all in ONE year. She was a tower of strength and grace. She's absolutely amazing. Did I mention that she's gorgeous to boot?

My mother in law- I love her! She is absolutely the most grounded person I have EVER met. She is my moral compass. When I'm unsure of what to do in any situation I think of what she would do. She is North.

My mom-as crazy as she drives me at times. She really is my friend. I can tell her anything. She has the best shoulders to cry on, lean on and hug on.

So in this season where I seem to be losing friends to the great beyond, I plan on telling these ladies how I feel. I also plan on telling the friends that I haven't mentioned. I've been blessed with so many people in my life. I feel like I have to let them know how much they mean to me. I encourage you to do the same.

No comments: