Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Slumber Party

Last Christmas my friends and I had a slumber party at Ashley's house. Much alcohol was consumed and much laughter ensued.

Each of the women in this picture are special in their own way. Their day jobs include a teacher, a nurse (moi), an accountant, a scrub tech, an account manager, a stay-at-home mom and a decorative painter. Their are 5 divorces, 7 children between us all. One of the women has been arrested for DWI, two have children with chronic diseases, at least two have had/have an eating disorder, some are in serious debt, one has attempted suicide (moi), we all have issues with our parents, one is a step mom(a good one!). I could go on, but you get the picture. We are a hot buttered MESS at times. But, we love each other. Maybe in spite of all the mess.

I laugh harder with this group of women that I do any other time. They know some of my deepest thoughts and fears and vice versa. We have hurt each other in ways no one else could and we have healed each other. I'm so glad they are my friends. When I count my blessings and name them one by one-their names are on the list. Leah, Ashley, Christy, Misty, Tammy, Andrea. My hot buttered friends.

No comments: