Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I hate late!

I worked last night.( 7pm-7am) The floor I worked is always a extremely hectic so when quitting time rolls around I am ready to go!

Here's my beef. The day charge nurse on that floor ALWAYS changes the assignments when she gets there. This means the staff coming on are waiting around to see which patient they are assigned and the staff leaving is waiting to see who is getting their patients so they can give report. In addition there are about three nurses that are at least 5-to 10 minutes late 99% of the time. Some days it's more like 20 or 30. Clock in times are 0638-0708 in the am. Anything after is considered tardy. Apparently they are clocking in at some time clock located in an alternate universe. It totally pisses me off.

I have an hour commute (if traffic is favorable). I left the hospital at 7:20. Got home at 8:30. Traffic wasn't favorable. I've been up since yesterday morning. I'm fried.

No comments: